Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Pomegranate RecipeRoasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Pomegranate
Brussels sprouts are cruciferous vegetables that are loaded with health benefits. They contain some of the highest amounts of phytonutrients called glucosinolates, which are known for their ability to protect against cancer. This easy Brussels sprouts recipe is elegant enough to be a holiday side dish, yet simple enough to serve with grilled fish or chicken any night of the week.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
- 1 ½ lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to coat the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Pour the Brussels sprouts onto the baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir. Bake an additional 10 minutes, until the Brussels sprouts are browned and tender.
Nutrition information for ¼ of recipe: Calories 84; Total Fat 4.1 g; Saturated Fat 0.6 g; Trans Fat 0 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 306 mg; Carbohydrate 11.4 g; Fiber 3.5 g; Sugar 3.8 g; Protein 3.2 g