Winter Citrus Salad RecipeWinter Citrus Salad
Citrus fruits are a bright spot in the gloomy months of winter. They add a burst of flavor to meals, and they are loaded with vitamins to keep you feeling your best throughout the season. This simple salad is delicious paired with yogurt for breakfast or when served as a healthy dessert.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 3 navel oranges, segmented and chopped
- 2 red grapefruits, segmented and chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Place the orange and grapefruit segments in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey, mint and cinnamon.
- Pour the dressing over the fruit and toss to coat. Serve right away, or refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Nutrition information for 1 serving: Calories 103; Total Fat 0.3 g; Saturated Fat 0 g; Trans Fat 0 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 1 mg; Carbohydrate 26.9 g; Fiber 3.6 g; Sugar 18.9 g; Protein 1.6 g