Herb Roasted Cauliflower RecipeHerb Roasted Cauliflower
Cauliflower is a member of the cruciferous family of vegetables. Cruciferous vegetables are associated with reduced risks of cancer and heart disease, and they are loaded with vitamins, minerals and beneficial phytonutrients. This easy recipe results in a nutritious side dish for grilled fish, baked chicken, or vegetarian burgers.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, chives, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat the cauliflower evenly with the oil and herbs.
- Spread the florets into a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Carefully stir the florets and spread back into a single layer. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until tender. Serve warm.
Nutrition information for ¼ recipe: Calories 68; Total Fat 3.4 g; Saturated Fat 0.4 g; Trans Fat 0 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 189 mg; Carbohydrate 7.8 g; Fiber 3.1 g; Sugar 3.0 g; Protein 3.0 g