Grilled Lemon Parmesan Zucchini RecipeGrilled Lemon Parmesan Zucchini
Zucchini is a summer vegetable that is rich in antioxidants and fiber. Grilling zucchini gives it a delicious smoky flavor. This recipe makes a light and refreshing side dish to go with all of your favorites for a healthy cookout.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Grilling time: 15 minutes
- 1 ½ lbs. zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Trim the ends off the zucchini. Cut horizontally into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices. Drizzle the slices with the olive oil and toss to coat evenly.
- Grill the zucchini over medium-high, direct heat 6 to 7 minutes on each side, or until browned and tender.
- While the zucchini cooks, add the parmesan cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper to a medium bowl.
- Remove the zucchini from the grill, place on a cutting board and chop into bite-size pieces. Add the zucchini to the bowl and toss to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature.