Barbecue Chicken Salad RecipeBarbecue Chicken Salad
A healthy salad can serve as a quick and easy meal when you have a refrigerator full of leftovers. Roasted chicken adds protein to nutritious greens in this recipe. It’s all topped off with a super-simple barbecue dressing for a filling lunch or dinner.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 8 cups mixed lettuce or greens
- 1 cup finely chopped green cabbage
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup cooked corn
- 12 oz. roasted chicken breast, warmed
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Add 2 cups of lettuce to each serving bowl. Top with ¼ cup of chopped cabbage and ¼ of the tomatoes. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of corn over each salad. Add 3 ounces of roasted chicken to each bowl.
- In a small dish, whisk together the orange juice and barbecue sauce. Whisk in the olive oil, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of dressing over each salad before serving.
Nutrition information for 1 serving: Calories 242; Total Fat 7.1 g; Saturated Fat 1.3 g; Trans Fat 0 g; Cholesterol 72 mg; Sodium 167 mg; Carbohydrate 18.9 g; Fiber 6 g; Sugar 8 g; Protein 28.9 g