Cauliflower and Kale with Sesame and Ginger RecipeCauliflower and Kale with Sesame and Ginger
Cruciferous vegetables are loaded with disease fighting phytonutrients. This recipe dresses them up with the flavors of sesame and ginger. It is an easy side dish to pair with grilled fish or serve it with quinoa and lentils.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp minced fresh ginger
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 2 cups chopped kale leaves
- ½ cup no-salt-added chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ tsp low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp dark sesame oil
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower and kale, cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the stock and continue to cook for 5 to 7 more minutes until the vegetables are tender and the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Remove from the heat and serve warm.
Nutrition information for ¼ recipe: Calories 80; Total Fat 3.8 g; Saturated Fat 0.5 g; Trans Fat 0 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 117 mg; Carbohydrate 9.7 g; Fiber 3.3 g; Sugar 2.5 g; Protein 3.9 g