Ginger Chicken Lettuce Wraps RecipeGinger Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce wraps make a nutritious meal that is ready in minutes. This version includes extra vegetables with the chicken filling to increase the servings and nutrients for a budget-friendly way to feed the family. Add brown or black rice to your wraps to make the meal even more filling.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 small carrots, peeled and diced
- ½ lb. chicken breast meat, cubed
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 cups thinly-sliced napa cabbage
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- Leaves from one head of romaine or butter lettuce
Topping options: sliced green onions, chopped peanuts, chili sauce
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high. Add the onion, garlic, and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until it is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the ginger and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the cabbage and cook until it begins to wilt, about 90 more seconds.
- In a small dish, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, and vinegar. Pour the sauce into the skillet. Stir to coat the chicken and vegetables. Cook for 1 minute.
- Serve with lettuce leaves and optional toppings.