Salmon Tacos with Red Cabbage Dill Slaw RecipeSalmon Tacos with Red Cabbage Dill Slaw
Salmon supplies lean protein and heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids in these fish tacos. Each is topped with a crunchy slaw made with antioxidant-rich red cabbage that is lightly dressed and flavored with fresh dill.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups thinly-sliced red cabbage
- 1 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 lb. grilled or broiled salmon
- 8 small corn tortillas, warm
- 4 tbsp fat-free plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Combine the cabbage and dill in a medium bowl. Add the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss well to combine all ingredients.
- Use a fork and knife to flake or chop the salmon. Top each tortilla with 2 ounces of salmon. Add an equal amount of the purple cabbage to each taco. Add ½ tablespoon of Greek yogurt (if using) and garnish each with an equal amount of sliced green onions before serving.
Nutrition information for 1 serving (2 tacos) without yogurt: Calories 304; Total Fat 10.2 g; Saturated Fat 1.6 g; Trans Fat 0 g; Cholesterol 80 mg; Sodium 208 mg; Carbohydrate 21.8 g; Fiber 3.2 g; Sugar 2.5 g; Protein 31.8 g