Wild Rice Salad RecipeWild Rice Salad
Whole grain rice makes a delicious side dish that is full of flavor and fiber. This version is tossed with dried fruit and nuts and then dressed in a slightly sweet dressing. Feel free to use a wild rice mix that includes brown rice or other varieties. Other grains, such as quinoa or wheat berries, can also be substituted for the rice in this salad.
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Refrigeration time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup dry wild rice or wild rice mix, cooked per package directions
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped unsweetened dried apricots
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted, toasted pecans
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Combine the cooled, cooked rice, cranberries, apricots, pecans, and green onions in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, olive oil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the rice. Toss to coat and mix all ingredients.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.