Lemon Curry Roasted Chickpeas RecipeLemon Curry Roasted Chickpeas
These roasted chickpeas are a great substitute for unhealthy salty snacks. Not only will they keep your sodium and fat intake in check, they also provide protein and fiber.
Tip for the cook: The options are endless when it comes to flavors for roasted chickpeas. Experiment with other seasonings such as cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, dried basil, or garlic powder.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 (15 oz.) can low-sodium chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (about ½ a medium lemon)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray or olive oil.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander. Transfer them to a clean dish towel (or paper towels) spread over the counter top. Set aside to let the chickpeas dry on the towel.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, curry powder, and salt. Gently stir in the chickpeas until they are all evenly coated with the seasonings.
- Spread the chickpeas in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and use a spoon or spatula to gently stir the chickpeas. Return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes, or until browned and slightly crunchy. Best served warm.
Nutrition information for 1 serving (about a ½ cup): Calories 122; Total Fat 2.8 g; Saturated Fat 0.4 g; Trans Fat 0 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 266 mg; Carbohydrate 20.5 g; Fiber 7.2 g; Sugars 0.1 g; Protein 6.1 g