Warm Rosemary Corn and Tomato Salad RecipeWarm Rosemary Corn and Tomato Salad
Herbs and spices are packed with disease fighting phytonutrients while giving seasonal vegetables a big boost in flavor. This salad uses rosemary, but basil and cilantro are other delicious options that go well with vegetable salads and side dishes.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 12 minutes
- 3 ears of corn, kernels cut off
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the corn kernels, tomatoes, and onion on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil, and then add the rosemary, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat the vegetables in oil and herbs.
- Bake for 12 minutes, stirring halfway through. The corn will soften and brown slightly, and the tomatoes will begin to burst. Serve warm.
Nutrition information for 1 serving (1/2 cup): Calories 80; Total Fat 1.3 g; Saturated Fat 0.1 g; Trans Fat 0 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 148 mg; Carbohydrate 17.1 g; Fiber 2.9 g; Sugar 13.2 g; Protein 2.8 g