Rosemary Garlic Popcorn Recipe RecipeRosemary Garlic Popcorn Recipe
Air-popped popcorn makes a filling, whole grain snack, but it doesn't have to be plain to be healthy. This version is dressed up with the rich flavors of garlic, rosemary, and a light sprinkle of salt.
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: 35 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1, 4-inch long sprig of fresh rosemary
- ½ cup popcorn kernels, air-popped
- 1/8 tsp fine ground sea salt
- Pinch of black ground pepper (optional)
- Place the olive oil in a small saucepan and add the garlic. Heat the oil on medium, just until it begins to bubble, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the rosemary sprig. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl. Strain the oil and discard the garlic and rosemary. Pour the oil over the popcorn.
- Use a large spoon to toss the popcorn in the oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper, toss again, and serve.
Nutrition information for 1/6 recipe: Calories 122; Total Fat 5.4 g; Saturated Fat 0.8 g; Trans Fat 0 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 48 mg; Carbohydrate 17 g; Fiber 3.3 g; Sugar 0.2 g; Protein 2.7 g