Carrots are loaded with vitamin A and other disease-fighting antioxidants. Shredded carrots make a delicious base for spring and summer salads. This one is sprinkled with green onions and dressed with lime juice and chili powder.
Serving Size 1/6 recipe
% Daily Value*
8%Total Fat 4.9g
4%Saturated Fat 0.7g
Trans Fat 0g
2%Total Carbohydrate 7.1g
7%Dietary Fiber 2g
Vitamin C 11%Vitamin A 132%
Iron 1%Calcium 2%
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 10 oz. shredded carrots
- 3 green onions, sliced, whites and greens separated
- 1 small jalapeño, diced, seeds and ribs removed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp lime zest
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp fine ground sea salt
- In a large bowl, toss the carrots, the white portion of the sliced green onions, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, lime zest, garlic powder, and sea salt.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to coat all ingredients. Sprinkle with the green portion of the sliced green onions and serve.