These easy toasts are the perfect appetizer for a holiday party. They can be made a few hours ahead of time to save you from rushing around at the last minute as guests arrive. A whole wheat baguette can be substituted for the bread pieces to boost the fiber. Whole grain crackers can also be substituted, but be sure to serve the crackers right away as they can become soggy when stored.
Yield: 34 to 36 toasts
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 large pieces marinated roasted red pepper
- 4 marinated artichoke hearts
- 6 to 8 pimento stuffed green olives
- 3 oz. goat cheese (chèvre)
- 34 to 36, 1 to 1 ½ inch square pieces of bread, or sliced baguette, toasted
- 2 tbsp finely chopped, dry roasted, unsalted pistachios
- Place the red pepper, artichoke hearts, and olives in the bowl of a small food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped.
- Spread about ½ teaspoon of cheese on each toast. Top with about ½ teaspoon of the red pepper, artichoke, and olive mix.
- Once you have prepared all the toasts, sprinkle the tops evenly with chopped pistachios. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 4 hours before serving.