Apples are full of beneficial plant nutrients including polyphenols that act as disease-fighting antioxidants. This seasonal salad hints at fall with the addition of fresh celery, heart-healthy walnuts, sweet cranberries, and spices. It makes a healthy breakfast, dessert, or side dish.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 ½ tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground allspice
- Slice the apple into matchsticks and place in a medium bowl. Add the celery, walnuts and cranberries.
- In a small dish, stir together the yogurt, honey, cinnamon and allspice. Pour the yogurt sauce over the apple salad. Stir to coat all ingredients. Serve right away.