Chicken Wraps with Creamy Olive Dressing RecipeChicken Wraps with Creamy Olive Dressing
Sandwich wraps are a great option when you need a quick lunch. Unfortunately, with extra large tortillas and heavy sauces, the wraps you pick up at fast food restaurants and delis are loaded with calories, fat, and sodium. When you have leftover chicken on hand, this healthier version takes only 15 minutes to prepare. You can use your favorite variety of wrap, and the chicken can easily be swapped with cooked chickpeas for a vegetarian version.
Yield: 2 wraps
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp finely chopped black olives
- ¼ cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp crumbled Feta cheese
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 8-inch whole wheat flour tortillas
- 4 oz. cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- In a small dish, stir together the olives, yogurt, and Feta cheese. Stir in the oregano, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Spread half of the dressing on one of the tortillas. Spread the dressing thin so that it reaches very close to the edge.
- Working at the end of the tortilla that is closest to you, sprinkle 2 ounces of cooked chicken over the dressing, and make sure to pile it towards the bottom third of the tortilla. Top the chicken with shredded lettuce and tomatoes.
- Working from the end closest to you, roll the tortilla up over the toppings, tucking it under tightly. Roll away from you as you continue to tuck in the sides and the fillings. Once completely rolled up, cut in half before serving. Repeat with the second wrap.
Nutrition information for one wrap: Calories 254; Total Fat 5.9 g; Saturated Fat 1.5 g; Trans Fat 0 g; Cholesterol 50 mg; Sodium 276 mg; Carbohydrate 27.7 g; Fiber 4.1 g; Sugar 2.8 g; Protein 24.7 g