Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C and disease-fighting lycopene. Onions are loaded with polyphenols and provide minerals such as manganese. This simple salad contains few calories and makes the perfect summer side dish.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced and quartered
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced and large rings halved
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
Place the tomatoes and onions in a medium bowl.
In a small bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients. Whisk well until the sugar dissolves.
Pour the vinaigrette over the tomatoes and onions. Stir well. Cover with a lid, and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.