Summer squash and sweet corn are full of vitamins and minerals, including antioxidants that promote eye health. This recipe works great as an easy side dish or as a filling for vegetarian tacos.
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cups diced onion
- 4 cups chopped summer squash (about 3 medium squash)
- 2 ½ cups corn kernels (about 2 large ears)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp fine ground sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 basil leaves, chopped
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes. Stir often. Add the summer squash, and cook for 3 more minutes until the squash begins to soften and brown. Stir in the corn, and cook 3 to 4 minutes until all ingredients are heated.
Stir in the salt, pepper, and basil. Serve warm.