Sweet potatoes are full of vitamin A and dietary fiber. In this recipe, they are cooked with green peppers and onions and seasoned with smoked sweet paprika. This is a great side dish for any meal.
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, chopped small (about 4 cups)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp smoked sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp fine ground sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped spinach
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 1 minute. Add the bell pepper and cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until some edges are browned and the pieces start to become tender. Turn the heat down to medium. Add the water, stir and cook for 7 to 10 minutes until the water has evaporated and the potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle in the paprika, salt, and pepper. Remove from the heat and stir the spinach just before serving.