This tangy shrimp is cooked in the oil of the sundried tomatoes to control fat. A sprinkle of feta cheese eliminates the need for extra table salt. When paired with a salad or brown rice, this recipe makes a quick and easy weeknight meal. It can also be served alone as an appetizer or snack.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup diced sundried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 12 oz. medium raw shrimp, peeled
- 2 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic and sundried tomatoes. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the shrimp turn opaque and are cooked through.
- Place in a serving dish and sprinkle with the feta cheese and chives.