A smoothie bowl turns your favorite healthy breakfast shake into a meal with nutritious toppings. This version uses unsweetened frozen fruit and yogurt to create a creamy base with protein and calcium. It’s topped with fresh fruit for more fiber, and a few seeds add heart-healthy fat to keep you full.
Yield: 1 serving
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- ½ cup unsweetened frozen pineapple
- ½ cup unsweetened frozen mango
- ¼ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 2 fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 tbsp roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp roasted, unsalted pumpkin seeds
- ½ tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place the pineapple, mango, yogurt, and milk in a blender. Pulse until all ingredients are blended. The smoothie will be very thick. You might need to open the blender and scrape the sides a few times to ensure everything is pureed. A single-serving drink blender works well for this recipe.
- Transfer the smoothie to a small bowl. Top with strawberries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and coconut, and serve.