Salmon is rich in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. This recipe provides a great way to use leftover salmon for a nutritious, protein-rich snack. Serve this spread as an appetizer with whole grain crackers, or use it as a filling for wraps and sandwiches.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 6 oz. chopped cooked and cooled salmon (about 1 cup)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil mayonnaise or low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp fine ground sea salt
- Place the salmon in a medium bowl. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the green portion of the onions. Add the remaining onions to the bowl with the salmon.
- Add the mayonnaise, dill, yogurt, lemon zest, and salt. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Garnish with the reserved green onions. Refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving.