Fish makes a good weeknight dinner because it cooks quickly and provides protein and heart-healthy fats. This salmon is coated in a slightly sweet glaze that is full of flavor. Eat it with a side of brown rice and steamed vegetables, or serve over a bed of fresh spinach for a simple dinner salad.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 12 minutes
- 4, 3 oz. salmon fillets, thawed if frozen
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 cloves peeled garlic, smashed
- 1/4 tsp fine ground sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray. Place the salmon fillets on the baking sheet.
- In the bowl of small food processor, add the olive oil, maple syrup, garlic, salt and black pepper. Blend for 15 to 20 seconds until all ingredients are combined and the garlic is finely chopped.
- Divide the glaze between two small dishes. Set one aside. Use the other to brush each fillet evenly with glaze. Bake the salmon for 10 to 12 minutes, until the fish flakes and is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and use a clean brush to spread the reserved glaze over each piece of warm salmon and serve.