These buffalo chicken bites have all the flavor of your favorite game day snack with fewer calories and less saturated fat and sodium. They are simple to make, and the recipe can easily be doubled to feed a larger crowd.
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- Place the chicken pieces in a medium bowl. Sprinkle in the cornstarch and black pepper. Toss to coat all the chicken pieces in the cornstarch.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the chicken and cook for about 10 minutes until the chicken is browned and no longer pink in the center. Stir often so that the chicken browns evenly.
- Remove the chicken from the heat and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Place the butter in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for about 45 seconds to melt the butter. Stir the hot sauce into the butter.
- Add the chicken pieces to the hot sauce and toss to coat evenly. Serve warm with toothpicks.