This quick and simple dish uses fiber-rich whole wheat pasta combined with nutritious asparagus. It makes a healthy meal for a busy weeknight that is perfect for the arrival of spring.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 green onions, sliced, whites and greens separated
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 oz. whole wheat spaghetti or linguine, cooked according to package directions
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add the white portion of the onions and cook 1 minute.
- Add the asparagus and cook for 4 minutes, until it is slightly tender and bright green. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and cook 1 more minute.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the basil and salt. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cooked pasta to the mixing bowl and toss to combine all ingredients.
- Divide into four portions and garnish with remaining greens of the onions before serving.